Once your visa has been issued and you have travelled to Ethiopia, you are required to collect your media permit at the Ethiopian Broadcasting Authority. Journalists please don't pay for visa before collecting your media permit.
· PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT ALL VISA SERVICES REQUEST SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ONLY THROUGH POST OFFICE. THE EMBASSY DO NOT ACCEPT IN PERSON VISA SERVICE REQUESTS
· The Embassy of Ethiopia is currently issuing Diplomatic, Service, Business, visas in a Single or Multiple entry visa.
· Except Kenya and Djibouti nationals, visas are required for all visitors to Ethiopia. Visitors should obtain a visa from an Ethiopian Embassy before departure.
· All other foreign nationals will have to obtain their valid visas from Ethiopian diplomatic missions accessible to them.
· All visas will be valid from the date of issue, not the date of entry in to Ethiopia.
· Transit visa shall be issued to a foreigner who is travelling to another country across Ethiopia. Passengers in transit in Ethiopia, holding confirmed onward bookings, can obtain transit visas within 72 hours.
· Please be informed that any visa payment made to the Embassy’s account will not be refunded, regardless of the outcome of the application.
· All Visa applications must be sent via mail with an envelope which has a Reference Number. The applicant must enclose a self-addressed, prepaid return envelope. The Embassy does not accept any payment for postage. Hence, applicants don’t need to pay for postage and must send an envelope.
B. BUSINESS VISA
· Diplomats or Officials traveling with Diplomatic, Service or UN travel document must bring an official letter from their respective Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Embassies, International Organizations or appropriate Authorities.
· Business visa applicants to be employed by an organization/company operating in Ethiopia must attach VISA APPROVAL LETTER from Main Department of Immigration and Nationality Affairs office in Addis Ababa. The host organization/company in Ethiopia should request the approval letter from Main Department of Immigration and Nationality Affairs office on behalf of the applicant.
· All business visa applicants, apart from the above category shall attach a formal letter from the sponsoring organization or company detailing the nature of their visit.
· Investment Visa can be issued for investment activities, employment in any business organization, for humanitarian service without remuneration, for participants on seminars/exhibitions/workshops, researchers and for media purposes.
· A completed visa application form.
· A passport or travel document that is valid for a minimum of 6 months.
· Application letter from the sponsoring organization.
· Visa approval letter for potential employees of organizations operating in Ethiopia.
· One recent passport-size color photograph.
· Prepaid and self-addressed envelope.
N.B: For Applicants who could not use the ‘International coupon’, kindly advised to use a system on Postnord. Accordingly, applicants may use the following link and should attach the slip with your document in the envelop.Page: www.postnord.se privat —– skicka —— kop frakt online or Just click on https://portal.postnord.com/skickadirekt/#/